First and foremost, anyone who works for Encore must have a heart of gold and the desire to care for others must run through their very core.
We believe that if our teams are happy, this will filter throughout the entire home, and in turn, the residents will be happy.
Financial rewards and advanced training programmes are in place to make sure our staff are always furthering their professional development.
Because of this – we only employ people who are:
“I feel really valued and recognised within this organisation.”
We offer ALL our employees the following benefits:
If you’re a healthcare professional looking for a kind and fulfilling place to work — or perhaps you’re looking for a new and rewarding career in care, we would love to hear from you!
Call the Encore Recruitment Manager, Jemma Jacobs on 07508 332287
or alternatively email: email@example.com
Develop & Progress
At Encore, we continually train and develop our staff so that they can provide the very highest standard of care to residents. We also want our teams to develop their skillset and progress in their role.
As such, we offer staff the opportunities to become Champions and Leads within an Encore care home within a variety of specialist areas. The roles run alongside their existing one and we give staff the time to develop and listen to their ideas for improvement. For those that are interested in becoming a Champion or Lead, they are asked to write a short statement explaining why they would be the best person for this role, what they will bring to it and how they will develop it.
There are opportunities to become:
To become a Champion, Encore staff promise the following:
- To be a Champion for the home
- To act as a good role model and lead by example
- To stand up and challenge bad practice
- To speak up to improve the way we deliver services
- To influence, inform and support their work colleagues
- Listen to and understand the views and experiences of our residents
- To help embed new practices within the home
To become a Lead, Encore staff pledge the following:
- To be an ambassador for the Home
- To act as a good role model and lead by example
- To challenge bad practice
- To take responsibility for their personal development by keeping abreast of developments within the subject area
- To maintain personal and professional development
- To identify and attend relevant, authentic, and recognised training and qualification programmes
- To work with the Home Manager to improve services provided
- To share ideas on good practice and present recommendations to the Home Manager
- To influence and inform their work colleagues
- To deliver training and upskill colleagues, as required, within the subject matter
- To participate and on occasion, lead staff meetings
- To find innovative ways of improving current systems of work
- To help embed agreed ideas within the Home
- To assist with monitoring, evaluating and quality improvement within the subject area
Encore staff are also assigned a Buddy when they first join, who acts as a mentor and shadowing partner on shift. Buddies are there to support new staff; making them feel welcome and on-hand to answer any questions that the new member of the team might have.
Similarly, Nourish Wizards are appointed within Encore to answer any questions about the care plan system within the homes.
Tina started as agency carer, progressed to a permanent carer role, then on to senior carer and is now a Lead in Falls & Moving & Handling and a Lead in End of Life Care.
Liza first started with Encore as a volunteer working alongside the activities team. Liza is a qualified youth worker but wanted to go in a different direction and support the elderly, as she feels very strongly about their welfare. She enjoyed working as a volunteer so much that when a permanent role for an Activities Assistant became available – she went for it!
Be Valued at Encore
Uphold our values, hone your expertise and you will be formally recognised for your efforts.
We believe in showing our appreciation for the everyday efforts of our staff and their dedication to ensure the wellbeing of our residents. We believe that regular acknowledgement of our staff brings job satisfaction and strengthens team connections as we create a family within Encore.
Our four core values are central to creating a united ethos across all Encore homes. Certificates are issued to members of the team who go above and beyond and demonstrate our core values within their role.
Be Part of a Family
Love, protect and support each member of our extended family. Always offer a shoulder to lean on and a friendly ear to comfort.
Make every person feel unique. Listen to them, learn about them. Find thoughtful and imaginative ways to connect with each individual.
Create a ripple of happiness with your smile. Find inspiration to be cheerful every day – it will warm someone’s heart and bring a smile to their face.
Embrace the impulses and the laughter. Take every opportunity to enjoy each moment.
What do our staff think?
Think you’ve got what it takes?
Applying for a job with Encore
We currently have 3 Care Homes operational in Bournemouth, Christchurch & Southampton. You’re free to apply to whichever one you like, though we would recommend only applying for positions at the homes closest to where you live.
If you answered ‘yes’ to these questions, then a career with Encore will deliver the job satisfaction you’re seeking – along with the knowledge that you are fulfilling an incredibly valuable role that makes a real difference to people’s lives.
Stay up to date with our latest vacancies
Fill out the form below and we’ll keep you updated when any suitable positions become available.